Wednesday, February 11, 2009

You can never have too much...


...  of a lot of things. A few that come to mind off the top of my head would be; Garage or shop space, horsepower, good ideas, energy, and of course, time. 

You can never have too much of that. Yes, you'll hear people say,"We have more than enough time." But can that ever be true? I don't think so. And it seems that every time I hear that, it's coming from someone who is about to embark on some type of home repair...  and we all know that it never turns out to be true in those instances. 

Why am I rambling on about this? Well, I guess it's my way of soft-pitching a flimsy excuse as to why I've been "out of the office" around here for almost a week ( a terrible example to give the kids ). Pretty lame I know, because we're all busy and this definitely doesn't make me special. But what I've realized during the past several days is that the very thing that has been the biggest 'time vampire' around here and has been responsible for interrupting my daily post schedule, is the very thing that I've yet to post about. And I've been meaning to for some time. In fact, it tops the list of motorsports activities coming up this year that I'm most excited about. 

Let me rephrase a bit. Excited?, yes. Anxious?, that's more the feeling, but maybe not in the way you might think. You see, I have gone and done something that I've been wanting to do for quite a few years now and am learning, as you do in times like these, that you really do have to be careful what you wish for. What could this be you might ask? Well...  

On June 27th, 2009 my business partner Henry Astor and I will be putting on a day long motorsports event here in the Nashville, Tennessee area. Why would I take this on? Because, it will be fun- of course! Sure it's a big job to organize and promote something like this, but I'm more than confident that the payoff will make it all worth it. 

In a nutshell, we're hoping to bring together between 50-60 pre-'73 special interest cars and bikes ( and their owners ), for a day of scenic driving, top quality catered meals, live entertainment, and just good old motorsport-people comradery. And therein lies the payoff; getting lovers of cranky old interesting machinery, like myself, to get their vehicles out for the day and have a pleasant time with like-minded folk. What could be better? 

For those who have an interest in participating, please feel free to check out www.astormotorproductions.com for more information. 






No comments: