Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Open House on Gasoline Alley (6)



Yes, that's right, there are more. I was loading the last of my photos today from this great Indy open house and realized there are still quite a few I need to post. I have to say, aside from the obvious thrill of getting to tour these shops, this was a damn fine gathering of well built and tastefully done machinery. I guess we should assume that would be the case in a town with such an impeccable motorsports history. 

Sit back and enjoy! 

The above photos are of Johnny Capels bitchin' '32 roadster. Johnny has a serious history at the Speedway, and with racing in general, and upon his recent retirement built himself a really nice flathead roadster. The craftsmanship found in this car is just what you'd expect from one of the greatest Offy race engine builders Indy has known, not to mention the rest of the detail work that his fellow ex-Indy friends helped with. Great car! 

The roadster is all steel, runs an early '50s Merc flattie with an Isky 400jr, Offy heads, a T-5, quick change, and a fuel injection system built by he and his buddies. I've ridden in this car and it is a serious runner. 

No comments: